Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 6 - Gainesville, AL to Aliceville, AL



I apologize for the long gap in the blogs.  I underestimated how full our days are -- early morning wakeup, long bike rides, historic site visits, packing up bikes, etc.  Now that I have gotten a little more accustomed to the schedule, I plan to play catch up.   So, here goes . . . 


Saturday, June 18 -- Gainseville, AL to Aliceville, AL

After we left Gainsville the group continued onward to a town called Aliceville, where we were scheduled to stay in a national guard armory. Unfortunately out guide never showed up to open the facility.  But once again, our lucky streak continued as a local pastor, Rev. Charley Wilson, both opened up his home as well as his wallet as he provided us a place to sleep and bought us dinner from a local restaurant.  His hospitality is greatly appreciated and I thank him for his support.





No comments:

Post a Comment